As per the laws in the various states and countries, patients can also grow and possess marijuana legitimately, but the amount depends on what is advised and authorized under the state/nation laws.
When you have decided which route you will receive your seeds through it is now time to know what to look for when purchasing a great quality seed. Good marijuana can simply not be harvested from a poor seed and will only frustrate you in your learning of how to grow weed. Although it isn’t essential, it is recommended to obtain a seed that its breeder has cultivated that aligns with your intentional use. Are you planning to grow your weed inside or outside?
Marijuana seeds usually remain viable to use for about two years after they have been produced by a female plant. It is even said to be true that some seeds will even last up to five years given they a kept under ideal conditions. The best way to keep them in a healthy state for as long as possible is to store them in an area that is cool, dark and dry until they are ready to be germinated.
If you are looking to grow marijuana, given below is the basic marijuana growing steps.
Steps on how to grow cannabis marijuana.
1. Choosing a place to grow – the attic, basement or the closet can be some of the best places to grow marijuana in the house.
2. Pots and soil – it is important to choose large plastic pots or buckets with drainage holes at the bottom. Make sure to fill the bottom of the pot with large gravel to facilitate drainage and the top layer with good quality potting soil. Marijuana plants do not grow well in acidic conditions, so make sure that the pH of the soil is between 6.5-7.5. in order to retain nutrients and moisture, place some humus in the soil. There are many nursery stores where you find the best soil for growing medical marijuana.
3. Lighting – marijuana plants require good amount of lighting when they are growing and for this reason, you may have to make arrangements for artificial lighting inside the space where you are planning to grow the substance. You can make use of fluorescent lighting or metal halide lights together with good ventilation and separate ballast. If your plants receive 12 hours of light in a day, they will mature in 5 months time. if they receive 16 hours of light, they will mature in 4 months times and you give them 18 hours of light per day, you will have matured plants within 2 months. You can choose the amount of light you want your plants to grow in and it is always a good idea to set a timer daily for your lights.
4. Watering – shortage of water will affect the rate of photosynthesis and excess water will also affect the plant in a negative way. Make sure that you add water in the quantity that is required.
5. Harvesting and drying – the final stages towards cultivation is harvesting and drying. When the flowers start appearing, make sure that you adjust the lights so the plants receive lights for 12 hours and they stay in dark for the remaining 12 hours. Do not water the plant one week before harvesting as this will speed up the drying process. Once the plants have completed the flowering process, you can cut the plants, place them in paper bags stirring them daily. In about three weeks, the plants should be completely dry and ready for use.